Wednesday, December 15, 2010

We want to find a house, so we can go to Belgium for Christmas

We've been running around looking at houses, checking out towns and neighborhoods, and trying to find our new home. We have seen the good, bad, and an ugly or two. Yesterday I found what I thought was my dream home come available, only to be told today that the owners are moving back in. Dream crushed.
 
I did realize today that we don't need to find our dream home here. We are only going to be here for three years, so it just needs to be a place where we feel safe and comfortable. We may have found just that. The address is Oak Cottage, The Green. Sounds pretty cool. We are going to make an offer tomorrow.
 
There is a still a cool barn conversion house we want to see, but it's not available for showings for two more days.

Disclaimer: I don't know if these pictures are licensed. If someone gets mad, I'll take them down.

11 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

I like the converted church. ;)

aubreyannie said...

i love the first one with the red door. boo.

aubreyannie said...

and i love that you started this blog.

Yvonne said...

Hope your offer is accepted and you love the home.

Laughing about the "words to be sure Hailey knows how to spell..." you'll also have to watch how they are pronounced ; )

I'm with aubrey--LOVE that you started the blog. Can't wait to read all your great adventures.

BTW, not sure if you are a fan but go to Wimbledon--I never did and I so regret it.

dalene said...

Belgium? Where? You know I served there on my mission...

Heffalump said...

I'm so exited to read about your adventures! I am a big chicken and have only ever been to Canada once (and that was for an orchestra trip in high school, which is the only travelling I have done outside of the U.S. It will be fun for me to see Europe through your eyes!

A.Lee said...

So sorry the owners are playing tricks with you, but those other two places look adorable! And more deets on the Belgium thing, please :) I love that place.

Super Happy Girl said...

Too cool, it's like the movies!

Methodical Wormer said...

Slightly offended I just got this blog address but glad you're doing it.

sew hot said...

since we can't communciate anymore, thanks for the blog.

Unknown said...

I'm also stoked that you're blogging again. I can't wait to hear your hilarious, sarcastic take on life abroad. Good luck with the house hunting! Mmm...Belgian chocolate in Belgium on Christmas. I'd probably make myself sick and gain 10 pounds, but mmmm. :)