Because we can, we decided to drive to Paris for our first time.
This is about all we could see of the White Cliffs from the ferry terminal
Posing with some giant Chupa Chups on the ferry across the English Channel.
It was so overcast that we never could see much more of the Eiffel Tower than this. It's just next to Hailey's right hand.
Me and the Louvre. We didn't go in this time. One more reason to go back...
I think this was supposed to look like she was holding up the Louvre, but there were too many people to get a good shot.
Hopscotch in the courtyard around the Louvre
Pont des Arts. Apparently couples attach a padlock to the bridge and throw the key in the river.
Notre Dame. The pictures from inside are underexposed and blurry, but I added them so that we can remember what we saw.
I think it was at this point that Hailey complained that Notre Dame is boring.
Femur from a saint or a Pope. Not sure which. Also not sure what purpose saving an old bone serves.
Ice cream at Berthillion remedied Hailey's boredom.
Despite the dreary atmosphere, the city is beautiful. Before we went, I was told that the best thing to do in Paris is to just walk around and see the city. I didn't get it then, but now I understand.
1 comment:
Love walking in Paris. Love Hailey's boots. Love that you finally updated.
Post a Comment