Friday, December 3, 2010

Fish & Chips, Radiators, and Clockwise Roundabouts

All three of us slept a solid twelve-hour night. I don't remember the last time I did that. It was most likely prior to me having internet access.

Our wonderful friend from the day before (Andrea) picked us up for lunch and took us to a delicious little fish and chips place called Mickey's. It's freezing cold here (mid to low 20s), and most of the buildings are warmed by radiators, so we huddled around a table right next to one of the heaters. It was interesting how moving even six inches away from the heater felt like I had stepped back outside into the cold.

We spent the afternoon driving around a little trying to get used to roundabouts and riding on the left side of the road. She was even brave enough to allow Jeff to practice a little. It was kind of like being in driver's ed again. That evening Jeff felt brave enough with his new driving skills to rent a car, so that we wouldn't need a permanent taxi service.
It was a Rover 600, but ours was not a red Rover. ha.

3 comments:

Super Happy Girl said...

Roundabouts are already crazy on their own :)
You are so brave.

Yvonne said...

I don't think I will EVER be brave enough to drive in Europe--and roundabouts scare me BIG TIME.

LOL at the Red Rover--can Deena come over???? Goodness, I haven't played that in years.

Mamapierce said...

Ah, yes, the radiators. I got to experience those in Ukraine. If you drape your wet laundry over them (which we did) your clothes are crunchy when they dry. It's bizarre. Hopefully you have dryers.