After we arrived at temporary housing and hauled all of our zillion pieces of luggage into our room, we hit the grocery store for a few essentials and then found an American-style diner for dinner. At this time of year, it is pitch black at 3:30 in the afternoon. Thanks to the darkness and the lack of sleep the previous night, we were all sound asleep by 9:30 that night. Family record. Not for Jeff or Hailey so much, but huge for me.
I forgot to mention last time...as we arrived at the airport, Jeff thought it would be a good idea to go ahead and exchange some of our dollars into pounds, so that we wouldn't enter the country empty-handed. After we finished at the exchange counter, the lady helping us said, "Cheers!" We've since asked around and kind of know what that means. It's going to be interesting to see how our vocabulary changes while we are here.
2 comments:
I'm impressed you went to bed that early.
My Sil and husband live in England (he's from there), he calls the driveway "motorway."
That's all I can remember and contribute.
Post a Comment