Friday, December 31, 2010

Paris, the first (cont)

Arc de Triomphe. It's way bigger than I thought.

The arc is in the center of a huge roundabout. There are at least twelve major roads that intersect here. Thankfully there is an underground walkway to cross to the center.

Don't know why this guy looks so horrified. He's located at the top of the arc.

Sacre Couer from the top of the arc

Eiffel Tower from the top of the arc



LOTS of stairs to reach the top.

Us standing in front of the eternal flame under the arc.

Crepes always taste better when you can see the Eiffel Tower.
(Notice the man to Hailey's right. There are tons of these guys in the vicinity of the Eiffel Tower. They all have small blankets spread out to display their miniature Eiffel Towers. You can negotiate a bargain for these, and you can work a better deal the closer you are to the Eiffel Tower. I just said Eiffel Tower a lot of times.)


Despite having tickets to the top, we only made it to the second level. The top was closed thanks to the ice. The River Seine is in the background.

Champ de Mars in the background.

4 comments:

Heffalump said...

Cool!
I'm personally afraid of heights, so I think I'd have been pretty happy to not have to go all the way to the top.

Mamapierce said...

What a cool adventure you're having there! Love hearing everything about it. :)

Coordination Queen said...

You can also see lots of those guys grabbing the handles on their blankets and running every time the police ride their bikes through the area... Very entertaining.

Physcokity said...

I loev the picture of Hailey next to the cuckoo statue, although you'd be horrified too if you had to wear a smurf hat ;)