Thursday, December 23, 2010

London One, Day Two

Our hotel had a wonderful and very extensive breakfast buffet that was included in the price of our room. Nice surprise for us. The morning wait staff was very kind and brought Hailey the mug of "warm chocolate" that she requested.


Posing with the London taxis

Notting Hill tube stop

Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park
(The Christmas Market here was WAY better than the one in Leeds.)


At the top of one of the big slides

Hailey is either pulling Santa's beard or trying to sweet talk him. Or both.

Gingerbread cookie decorating

Posing with the lone snowman



Not-great picture in front of Harrod's

Hailey doing her annoying and slightly endearing "squatty walk" in the middle of Harrod's

Cool window display


Giant Christmas tree in Trafalgar Square
(This Christmas tree has been donated to the people of London by the people of Oslo every year since 1947. The tree is decorated in traditional Norwegian style with the lights running vertically rather than around the tree. And now you know.)

Being scared of the lion at Trafalgar Square

Hailey with the glass-box nativity at Trafalgar Square

I was a little amused at Joseph's relaxed posture in this nativity.

5 comments:

J said...

It looks like SO much fun! You are pretty lucky, I think. BUT I hate how the Harrod's people make you carry your backpacks! How are you supposed to hold all the stuff you want to buy? And you're also not allowed to take pictures of the weird mousse food stuff. Not that I would know.

Coordination Queen said...

Looks like y'all had a fun filled day! Love that I recognize the sweater, boots & hat... That makes me happy. :)

Yvonne said...

What a great adventure you are having--so fun. And it's wonderful that you have it all documented.

traceyroxanne said...

Miss you guys wayyy too much! Amazing pics. Love sweet sweet Hailey, and her squatty walk. I hope she'll remember some of the amazing experiences that she is having. I am in awe. Jeff looks like HE's in wonderland. MISS YOU!

Mamapierce said...

Love the Norweigan tree. Super cool. Great pictures. You & Jeff are such great parents to Hailey.