Friday, December 17, 2010

Leeds, Day One

I wanted to go to Germany this year to enjoy one of the Christmas markets that I have heard so much about. Being so late in the game, airline tickets were more than we wanted to spend, so we opted to go next year. We heard that Leeds had a Christmas market that was supposed to be the best in the UK, so Jeff booked a hotel and off we went.

On the way, we stopped to surprise a friend's son with some American treats that he is unable to get while he is so far from home.

After our surprise, we headed into town. This was our first time in a big city here. Jeff did a great job staying on the wrong left side of the road and handled the roundabouts like a champ.



Our room for the night was at the Leeds Marriott. It being a Friday night close to Christmas, there were several Christmas parties going on in the hotel. While Hailey and I waited in the car for Jeff to check in, I was amazed at the very small amount of clothing that women were wearing. Especially because it was about 14 degrees Fahrenheit, and because they were standing outside smoking, and because many of the dresses appeared to be several sizes too small.

At check-in, we were given thirty pounds to use at any of the food establishments in the hotel, so after Hailey was asleep we ordered room service. I ordered the grilled salmon with lemon and pesto crust and Jeff got the chicken quesadilla. I don't know how his was, but that was the best-tasting salmon I have ever eaten. There was actually flavor inside the fish. Yum. We finished up our meal with a sticky toffee pudding. It was good, but not my new favorite dessert. There was no chocolate in it, after all.

5 comments:

QueenScarlett said...

I am LOVING your posts... your fine print cracks me up. ;-)

Yvonne said...

So wonderful of you to bring treats to a missionary--I LOVE IT.

So glad you are having a great time.

Coordination Queen said...

Did you save hailey any of the pesto? ;)

Super Happy Girl said...

"There was actually flavor inside the fish" There you go!

ITA with Yvonne, yay for treats to awesome mssionaries :)

aubreyannie said...

uh, yum. that salmon sounds delish. i LOVE this blog. post more! post more! xo