Friday, December 10, 2010

Beef. It's not for dinner.

I've never heard good things about meat in Great Britain...blood sausage, kidney pie (not sure if that's even meat), and some little things called prions.

I ordered a regular cheeseburger at the Burger King on base today thinking I would be safe. In the US, Burger King has tasty, flame-broiled burgers. Well, here, not so much. It tasted and looked like a school cafeteria blob of gray on a bun. 


It looked a lot like that. And it tasted just like that. I've heard it doesn't get much better.  I may just stick to chicken for the next few years. Apparently Her Majesty isn't a big fan of meat importation.

8 comments:

Millie said...

Probably a smart move. Ewww.

dalene said...

Whatever you do, DON'T EAT THE KABOBS!

Nina S said...

The BK on base in Germany gave Adrian and me food poisoning the first couple weeks we were in country. We didn't go there again.

A.Lee said...

Dang all those mad cows for ruining everything! I wasn't a fan of any meat in my adventures in Europe.

Super Happy Girl said...

It's boiled!!!

Nah, I have no idea.

Em said...

Or stick to eating ethnic food. There's some awesome Indian, Greek, and French fare to be had!

Mikelene said...

When you're in London, go to the Texas Embassy Cantina. It's a Tex-Mex restaurant and they have good burgers, from what I remember. It's not far from Trafalgar (sp?) Square. I think. Look it up and check out their menu. :)

Mamapierce said...

Gross.